Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry in Waco, TX
If you have been hiding your smile, putting up with pain or putting off going to the dentist because you’re too busy and you feel that fixing your teeth will take too much time, your life is about to change!
About Dr. Cutbirth – Waco Dentist
- Founder and Director of the Center for Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry (CARD), an independent institute for advanced dental continuing education teaching practicing dentists advanced techniques in dentistry. To read more about CARD, visit www.centerforard.com
- Published author and international speaker on the topics of complex restorative dentistry, including implants; aesthetic dentistry including porcelain veneers, crowns and bridges, replacing missing teeth, and the diagnosis and treatment of facial pain (TMJ).
- Faculty member at the Pankey Institute in Florida for twenty years.
- Prior to his training in complex restorative dentistry, aesthetic restorative dentistry and the diagnosis and treatment of facial pain (TMJ), Dr. Cutbirth completed a two year oral surgery fellowship at Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas, Texas. During that fellowship, Dr. Cutbirth attained extensive skill in oral surgery and became certified in intravenous (IV) sedation.
- Serves as an editor of:
- 1) The Journal of Practical Periodontal Procedures and Aesthetic Dentistry and
- 2) Dentistry Today
Dr. Cutbirth has advanced training in treating:
- Severely worn teeth requiring full mouth restoration
- Porcelain veneers, crowns and fixed bridges
- Implants to replace missing teeth
- “Mini Implants” to secure full and partial dentures
- Facial pain, including TMJ and facial muscle spasm
- Occlusal (bite) problems
- Dental Sleep apnea appliances (stops snoring and sleep apnea). Like a removable nightguard.
- Wisdom teeth extraction
- Periodontal (gum) surgery including gingival grafting and tooth lengthening (gummy smile correction)
What to Expect
After we have taken care of any acute dental pain or problem, every new patient receives a comprehensive examination of all the teeth, periodontium (gums), occlusion (bite), facial muscles, TMJs (jaw joints), existing dental restorations, and smile. An oral cancer exam is performed on each patient. Scientific photographs are taken of the teeth and smile, helping us to very specifically diagnose dental issues.
A separate formal consultation appointment normally follows the examination appointment after Dr. Cutbirth has evaluated the examination information. The diagnostic quality examination photographs allow our patients to view their own teeth and smile and self-diagnose their dental condition at the consultation appointment.
At the consultation appointment, a written dental evaluation and treatment plan is given to each new patient, including all procedures to be performed and the cost of treatment.
Ours is not a “high volume” practice. We intentionally see fewer patients “thoroughly” than a high volume of patients “non-thoroughly.” Because many of our patients have complex or demanding dental concerns, it takes time to specifically understand the problem, determine the cause of the problem, and then develop an appropriate treatment plan. A dental condition should not be restored without first understanding the cause of the condition. We are not a “patch up” dental clinic. Our practice is for the patient who wishes to have overall dental health.
Dental health, comfort, function and esthetics (at the appropriate/desired level) is the goal!