It’s unfortunate but true: most of us would rather spend our time doing almost anything except sitting in a dentist’s chair. For some people, the mere thought of having any type of dental work done is enough to make them postpone the process for as long as possible, and that’s never a good thing when it comes to oral health.
Fortunately, we have some good news for those of you dreading your next trip to the dentist: sedation techniques have advanced remarkably over the past few years, which means that you can have virtually any type of dental work done with little if any discomfort at all!
IV Sedation Dentistry in Waco
With these newer techniques, you’ll receive just enough IV sedation to make you feel deeply relaxed. Afterward, you’ll awake feeling refreshed. You may have some memories of the procedure, or you may have no memory of it at all.
The entire staff at Dr. Cutbirth’s office are always so pleasant and friendly. I’ve found them to be knowledgeable, experienced and up to date with the latest information and technology. Dr. Cutbirth is an expert in his field, does excellent sedation dentistry when needed, and has extensive teaching experience, as well. Ashley is a wonderful hygienist for my children, too! One of my favorite things about this practice- thorough communication – they send text reminders for my appointments. Great people!
Efficient and Effective Treatment with IV Sedation
That’s another advantage to using IV sedation; you’ll be able to have much more work done in a shorter period of time. This makes IV sedation an excellent choice for people with busy schedules.
Whether it’s replacing crowns and dentures, whitening teeth, repairing chipped or broken teeth, or performing work on sore gums, Dr. Cutbirth will be able to perform the work quickly, all thanks to advances in sedation dentistry.
Just imagine yourself with the kind of healthy smile you’ve always dreamed of. Now, you can experience that without pain or discomfort and in a fraction of the time it might have taken without IV sedation. Many of our patients have thanked Dr. Cutbirth for implementing IV sedation dentistry, and with good reason! Imagine never being afraid or nervous about going to the dentist!
Once you’ve experienced IV sedation dentistry with Dr. Cutbirth, you’ll probably never be afraid to go to the dentist again!
How Sedation Dentistry Works
Not every dentist is certified to perform sedation dentistry. In fact, Dr. Steven T. Cutbirth is one of the few dentists in the entire state of Texas who is certified to use either oral (pills) or intravenous (IV) sedation for any dental procedure he performs.
Remember that you’ll need a friend or family member to drive you to and from the appointment. When you arrive at our dental offices, you’ll be shown to a quiet, comfortable room. Our staff will cover you with a warm blanket, and your vital signs will be monitored throughout the procedure. Once your procedure is completed, your friend or family member will drive you home. It’s that easy!
What You Should Know About Sedation Dentistry
- Dr. Cutbirth is one of the very few dentists who is certified to administer IV sedation dentistry in the state of Texas.
- The sedation you’ll receive is completely safe.
- You’ll have very few or no memories of the experience.
- After you take the pill or receive the IV sedation, you’ll feel very relaxed for as long as five or six hours, depending on how much is needed for the treatment you’ll be receiving.
- Dental treatments that can take several appointments under normal circumstances can often be done in a single appointment when dental sedation is used.
Will it hurt?
The simple answer is no. Receiving the sedation itself is not painful, and the majority of patients feel little or no discomfort at all during and after the procedure.
Will I be awake?
You will be awake, but you’ll be deeply relaxed.
Will a dental professional be monitoring me?
Your vital signs will be monitored throughout your entire visit, and you’ll never be left alone.
How long will the sedation last?
Typically, the sedation will last from two hours to six hours, depending on how much is needed for the procedure.
Will I need someone to come with me to the appointment?
Yes, you’ll need a friend or family member to drive you to our office and pick you up afterward.
Do you have a milder option than IV or conscious sedation?
Yes, we do! We also are happy to offer laughing gas. Laughing gas is a milder form of sedation that is administered through a breathing mask. Unlike deeper forms of sedation, laughing gas wears off more quickly. You can safely drive yourself to and from your appointment.
People Who Are Good Candidates for Sedation Dentistry
- People who have a fear of dental work being done.
- Individuals who have experienced traumatic dental visits in the past.
- People who experience difficulty getting numb.
- Individuals with a very strong gag reflex.
- People whose teeth are very sensitive.
- Individuals who have complicated dental problems.
- People who are too busy to make multiple trips to the dentist.
- Individuals who dislike needles and shots.
- People who make bad associations with the smells, noises, and tastes that often accompany dental care.
Gain Peace of Mind With IV Sedation
If you are a good candidate for sedation dentistry, call our Waco dentist now!