1. Dentures are not the only replacement selection for missing teeth. Dental implants used alone or in combination with a partial denture is often a better option for patients. Whereas a removable appliance replaces only the visible parts of teeth, an implant replaces both the root and crown of a tooth. This has critical implications. Dental implants can prevent bone recession that often occurs following tooth extractions. Dental implants can furnish patients the near-normal ability to chew and talk.
2. There are more than one type of denture. Most men and women are familiar with the removable denture that replaces a complete upper or lower arch. There are also partial dentures that are used for patients who have some remaining teeth. Partial dentures can be permanent in the mouth or removable.
3. Even if you have worn dentures for a while, you may be a well-suited candidate for implant-anchored dentures. The essential factor is whether or not you have enough bone to support an implant. Bone grafting can strengthen existing bone in some cases. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Steven Cutbirth to find out if you are a good candidate.
4. Regardless of your tooth replacement configuration—full dentures, partial dentures, or tooth implants—you still need to practice appropriate oral hygiene. Removable appliances should be cleaned daily.
5. Even if you have no natural teeth left, it’s indispensable that you have twice-yearly dental examination. Optimal oral health is an integral component of overall physical well-being. Dr. Cutbirth will examine your mouth for indications of diseases like cancer, heart disease, kidney disease, and diabetes. It is also a good idea for your dentist to examine the condition of your appliance at your visit.
Dr. Steven Cutbirth, one of the most experienced and skilled dental professionals in the Waco area, has ability with many tooth restoration care. Call 254-772-5420 today to schedule an appointment.
Contact Steven T. Cutbirth DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
1613 Lake Success Dr