It doesn’t have to take a lot of time to improve your oral hygiene. In fact, you can form a new, good habit in as little as ten seconds, with these suggestions from Steven T. Cutbirth DDS in Waco.
- Find a better place for your toothbrush. Look around. In 10 seconds you can probably find 5 places to set your toothbrush that will permit air drying and can curb the growth of microorganisms that a closed, moist environment would encourage.
- Leave the floss on the counter. If you want to create consistency, you need reminders. Deliberately setting out the floss will give you more commitment to use it. And if you see it, you’ll remember.
- Swish. If you’re in 20 seconds already, might as well grab the fluoride rinse and rinse away bits of food after flossing and freshen your breath at the same time. 10 seconds is the minimum but 20 is twice as good.
- Smile in the mirror. Check out those chompers. Examine for 10 full seconds. Scrutinize gums for bleeding or tenderness, missed fragments of food, staining, or other concerns.
- Have a water chaser with dark beverages. Rinse your mouth with a sip of water when drinking cola, tea, or coffee throughout the day. A mere 10 seconds that will curb discoloration.
- Schedule a Checkup. It only takes one short phone call to set up your next checkup with us. And regular checkups help you stay ahead of any potential dental issues!
These are only six suggestions. At Steven T. Cutbirth DDS in Waco, we have more! Our services include general dentistry. Patients from Woodway, Robinson, and 76706 also improve their smiles with our cosmetic dentistry. Schedule an appointment today!
Contact Steven T. Cutbirth DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):