Preventing tooth decay is one of the main reasons people come to us, at Steven T. Cutbirth DDS in Waco.
In this blog post, we’ll describe five things you should know about cavities.
1. Cavities are also called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged in the hard surface, tiny openings appear. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to cavities are:
- Frequent eating
- Consuming sugary beverages
- Oral bacteria
- Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you observe any of these symptoms, you should call us to schedule an appointment.
4. Cavities are most common among children, but adults can get cavities too.
5. Preventing cavities is straightforward. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, avolid frequent snacking, and have regular dental checkups.
At Steven T. Cutbirth DDS in Waco we want all our patients to enjoy the best possible dental health. People from Woodway, Hewitt, and Robinson come to us for complete general and cosmetic dentistry, and much more. Call for an appointment today!
Contact Steven T. Cutbirth DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):