At Steven T. Cutbirth DDS in Waco, we are in agreement with Benjamin Franklin, who once said: “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” He was talking about fire safety, but it applies to dental health, too.
Keeping your smile beautiful and healthy is done most effectively with preventative measures. Some critical guidelines are highlighted here.
1. Make a habit of brushing your teeth. Do it twice a day for 2 minutes. Be sure to use an ADA approved toothpaste and toothbrush.
2. Don’t forget the floss! Flossing between your teeth daily will do wonders for your teeth and keep your gums healthy too.
3. Wear a protective mouthguard when participating in an activity where your mouth could possibly be damaged.
4. Don’t smoke. As if you needed yet another reason not to!
5. Abstain from piercing your lips, tongue, cheek, or any other part of your mouth that someone decided you should shove a metal bar through. Piercings put you at greater risk for chipped teeth, infection and nerve damage. It’s a dicey fashion that you’ll want to avoid.
6. Refrain from snacks that have a lot of sugar or starch.
7. Schedule regular dental visits, of course!
Contact Steven T. Cutbirth DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):